SC Department of Public Safety Nursing Instructor in York County, South Carolina
- Teaching Performance: Provides students with appropriate course materials (syllabus, calendar, policy statements or guidelines). Adhere to course competencies in the preparation and delivery of quality instruction. Be organized and prepared for classes. Teach and test relevant content. Pace instruction and vary delivery to meet different learning styles. Provide appropriate and timely feedback. Maintain a positive environment for optimum student performance. Provide for and value appropriate student input. Maintain accepted standards of achievement.
- Student Advisement: Provide appropriate academic guidance. Maintain office hours and be available during assigned and optimum times for advising. Cooperate as part of the advising team for the program. Assist students as possible in setting and meeting short and long-range educational goals. Take advantage of advising training. Learn and use computer resources to access data and properly advise students. Be knowledgeable of institutional policies, procedures and programs. Make referrals and conduct follow-up as appropriate. Use discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Instructional Development: In coordination with the department manager and other faculty, prepare and maintain competency-based course syllabi and support materials for all courses. Assist with selection of textbooks and other instructional resources.
- College and/or other Community Service: Promote the College as possible. Assist in recruitment and placement. Cooperate with and participate in projects and activities of the College and as appropriate in the community. Serve on advisory committees as requested. Promote and support the continuing education program of the College. Maintain a cooperative working relationship with College personnel.
- Professional Development: Seek ways to keep current in the teaching field. Develop an annual professional development plan (with short and long-range goals) in keeping with the College's mission and institutional goals. Participate in appropriate courses, seminars and workshops especially those that introduce new ideas or practices.
- Instructional Management: Maintain required and appropriate records and files. Submit all reports in an accurate and timely manner. Practice effective classroom management. Prioritize duties and use time wisely. Maintain current files for courses. Handle student work and records in a professional manner. Performs other duties as required. Minimum and Additional Requirements
Current, unencumbered active RN license in South Carolina or another compact state, MSN degree, and two (2) years in an acute care setting with a strong Medical Surgical. Active CPR Certification. Previous teaching experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge of instructional methodologies an alternative delivery methods. Communication skills to interact verbally and in written form with students, peers, administrators, and the general public. Ability to work independently and in groups. Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative, working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and other professional organizations. Ability to multi-task and meet time- lines. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Ability to work evenings as needed. Ability to travel within the service areas.
Attach a copy of unofficial transcripts and/or any required certifications for full consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: York County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 093314-2
Closing: 1/24/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: UG70
Position Number: 093314-2
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Unclassified
Opening Date: 11/29/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at http://www.yorktech.edu/Human- Resources/Employment-Opportunities/ or come to the Human Resources Department at 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, to complete an on-line employment application. Applications accepted until January 24, 2021.
Agency: State of South Carolina York Technical College
Address: 452 S. Anderson Road Rock Hill, South Carolina, 29730