Premier Senior Living - Delaware LLC Resident Care Assistant - Full-Time 1st/2nd Shift in West Columbia, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to provide direct care to residents in accordance with facility policies and procedures and state law/regulations. Provide quality care to residents; implement specific procedures and programs; coordinate work within the department, as well as with other departments; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or requests for information; assist the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations. Must be able to communicate in English.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and must have successfully completed training as required by current state law/regulation.
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers with experience in long-term care preferred.
Demonstrated ability to utilize independent and effective judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress and good personal hygiene.
- Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and clear communication whether verbal, written or body language. Displays control and calmness in all situations.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others’ rights, shares only what others need to know and in only appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a need to know.
- Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be helpful to residents, visitors, and the Premier community. Provide superior service by focusing on our customers.
- Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring as a representative of the Company.
- Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member of the department/ unit.
- Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others; always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the Company with whom interaction is needed.
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote safety.
- Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity, apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve the complaint.
Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others’ successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational activities. Mission and Values:
Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who needs assistance.
Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues. Quality of Work:
Uses integrity, good judgment and problem solving skills in making decisions.
- Produces high quality documentation as evidence by the following:
- Provide quality care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, and freedom of choice.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Provide care to residents following facility policies and procedures.
- Answer residents’ calls promptly and courteously.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Assist with the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, toileting, transferring, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care requirements.
- Assist with orienting residents and their families upon admission. Support an atmosphere, which promotes a homelike environment.
- Fully understand all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the supervisor or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation or residents’ rights.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Assure residents are given adequate assistance with personal and oral hygiene needs following facility’s policies and procedures.
- Assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty shop, activities, church services, etc. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
- Respond to inquires relating to his/her particular area or to requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc. timely and within established policy.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report problems to supervisor or administrative staff immediately.
- Complete nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies/procedures.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to appropriate supervisor or administrative staff.
- Provide individualized attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
- Takes steps necessary to produce excellent work in any task or job that is assigned.