Kelly Services Machine Operator in Sumter, South Carolina
Kelly Services, a global leader in staffing solutions, is looking to identify Machine Operator for a leading manufacturing company in Sumter, SC.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
• You will set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Steel or Copper Shop. Individuals will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Vertical and Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, Trumpf Laser and Tapper.
• You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
• You will ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
• You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
• You will keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
• You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
• You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
• You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
• You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
• Must reside within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation Benefits provided.
• Machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program.
• Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
• Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environ
As a Kelly Services candidate you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Weekly pay and service bonus plans
Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.