Aerotek CNC Production Operator in Summerville, South Carolina
Description: *Must be able to operate and setup CNC Machines*
• Maintains job ownership by arriving on time, staying on task, and taking pride in one’s work to contribute to better output and reaching production goals
• Operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other heavy industrial equipment to move product through the production process.
• Use gages such as: micrometers, depth gages, digital & dial indicators to measure product for adherence to specifications.
• Enter inspection & processing data into computer database.
• Operate specialized equipment as assigned
• Prepare machinery and equipment for use
• Keep work area clean and maintain housekeeping to established 5S/3F standards
• Clearly communicate information to others in the production area and other levels of the plant regarding equipment problems and opportunities for improvement.
• Complies with Company policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and good housekeeping practices.
• Applies independence and initiative by performing job duties with limited supervision
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and performs duties according to defined quality process.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• WorkKeys assessment required if selected (score requirement/waived with 2-year degree)
• Team player with a strong desire to continuously improve
• Basic familiarity with industrial safety standards and willing to participate and contribute to the company’s strong safety culture.
• Flexibility to change shift schedule and/or work area assignments.
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to communicate information so others will understand
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Must be able to complete tasks that require various PPE- including respirator, protective clothing, fall protection, safety glasses, and hard hat
• Capable of becoming certified for forklift operation
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.