Schonberg Care Assisted Living Care Partner - 1st Shift in Summerville, South Carolina
BLURB & BENEFITS
Job Summary: Assists residents with ADLS and IADLs, monitors vital signs, weights, skin breakdowns, promotes, ensures and immediately reports change in resident’s condition, uses standard precautions, maintains resident’s confidentiality, Resident’s Rights, reports accidents and incidents, provides daily light housekeeping, documents as required, and assist with admissions, transfers and discharges within the ARCP setting with the supervision of a Registered Nurse/Wellness Director. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as needed. Participates in resident and family meetings. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the community’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
* Assist residents with ADLs (bathing, dressing,grooming,etc)
* Assist residents with IADLs
* Ability to prepare residents for activities in the community as well as medical appointments
* Prepares residents for meals and snacks and performs after meal care.
* Provides basic room care
* Accurately measures vital signs
* Observes and reports the presence of skin breakdowns
* Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
* Reports all accidents and incidents immediately to supervisor
* Notifies nurse of changes in resident’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
* Reviews task/assignment sheets daily
* Gives a thorough verbal report to oncoming shift.
* Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
* Implements plan of care of the resident based on assessments and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
* Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity.
* Meets current documentation standards and policies
* Maintains resident’s confidentiality
* Functions as a resident advocate by protecting the resident’s rights.
* Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
* Interacts with residents, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental staff in a kind, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
* Consistently involves resident and family in planning of care
* Assist in proper admission, transfer, and discharge of residents and uses proper body mechanics at all times.
* Participates in orientation of new staff and assists in performance evaluations when needed.
* Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone a feeling of confidence that station is under control.
* Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the facility.
* Exhibits genuine interest in and appreciation of adults in later years of life.
* Is a motivated, independent individual who can organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
* Participates in life enrichment activities with the residents
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains regulatory requirements.
* Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
* Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
* Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
* Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
* Attends monthly staff meetings.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
* Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Completion of training program for certification(CNA PREFERRED NOT REQUIRED)
Current CPR certification
Current certification in 1st Aid (Basic knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering basic first aid and resident care
High School education preferred
Previous experience with geriatric clients preferred
Basic understanding of aseptic and sterile techniques
Good physical and mental health neat, clean, well groomed and responsible
Patience, tact, enthusiasm, and positive attitude toward the elderly
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising resident care.