Serco Maintenance Trades Helper in South Carolina
The Maintenance Trades Helper assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties as directed by a journeyman. The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform for this application includes specialized machine operations, operation of power and hand tools to support the project, and parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
• Additional duties will include installation of equipment and equipment rack cabinetry, installation and termination of cabling, and operation of test equipment in ATC and Shipboard environments.
• Some work may require climbing towers to perform duties.
• Work is often performed at operational Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities on ATC systems where extreme awareness is critical and the highest level of safety and caution must be exercised to eliminate risk to aircraft safety.
• Position requires high school diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) years of practical experience in electronics installation, maintenance, and checkout.
• Applicants must be able to travel for extended period of times.
• Tower Climbing experience/certification preferred.
• Forklift operator experience/certification preferred.
• Applicants must successfully maintain Active Secret Clearance and pass a drug screening.
• This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Click here to apply now (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/jobs/33300/maintenance-trades-helper/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834477830)
Refer a friend for this job
New to Serco?
Connect with us! (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-626008856)
Recruiting Location : Location US-SC-
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance Secret
Telework No - Teleworking not available for this position