Amentum Info System Security Officer in Shaw AFB, South Carolina
Purpose and Scope:
Supports Information Assurance (IA) operations for a specific project or contract, either individually or as part of an IA Team. Tasks and focused responsibilities include Information System security requirements and risk assessments, vulnerability scan, security test and evaluations, monitoring event logs, and maintaining network health and security.
· Assists Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for all classified systems and ensures transmission to appropriate government agencies on a timely basis.
· Able to assist ISSM in developing information system security plans (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and best practices and guidelines for classified systems
· Must possess a strong working knowledge of computer systems and system software.
· Responsible for updating and maintaining the system security plans for each accredited classified computer systems.
· Conducts weekly audits of all systems.
· Assist ISSM in developing, implementing, explaining, briefing and training the system custodians/users concerning their duties/responsibilities on accredited systems.
· Assist ISSM in investigating security incidents and recommending corrective actions.
· Ensures compliance with government and company security policies.
· Uploads and updates documents for projects in Xacta in the Risk Management Framework to attain Interim Authorization to Test (IATT), Authority to Connect (ATC), and Authority to Operate (ATO).
· Updates Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) for all Projects as required
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must possess and maintain a current DoD Top Secret security clearance. BS Degree in Information Assurance or related field preferred must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Assurance, System or Network Administration. DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification required. DODM 5205.07 Risk Management Framework, Operational Requirements and Contract Specific IA requirements. Thorough understanding and knowledge of computers and their peripherals and operating systems. This position requires a great degree of self-direction and motivation. Active membership in professional organizations such as NCMS, ASIS, etc. is encouraged. A comprehensive understanding of GSA approved security containers and locks is preferred. Attend workshops, conferences and training to maintain proficiency. a plus. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, kneeling, standing and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Experience with COMSEC accounts
ctive membership in professional organizations such as NCMS, ASIS, etc.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.