SC Department of Public Safety STP Lance Corporal - Master Trooper (Drive to Zero Coordinator) in Richland County, South Carolina
THIS IS AN INTERNAL POSTING. ONLY CURRENT SCDPS OFFICERS WILL BE CONSIDERED
*Facilitate transportation and implementation of the State Transport Police Drive To Zero program. Serves as a liaison for the Sate Transport Police to educational, community, civic, and professional groups for the presentation of the DRIVE To Zero Program. Assesses and enforces South Carolina Motor Vehicle Laws on Commercial Motor Carriers/Drivers/Vehicles decreasing the incidence of commercial vehicle and truck accidents, deaths, and damage to streets, highways, and bridges caused by such vehicle's unsafe condition, excessive weight and or inappropriate/unlawful driver behavior. *
Transports and facilitates the DRIVE To Zero trailer and vehicle for presentation to various groups around the state.
- Responsible for coordinating events and capturing the data of all DRIVE To Zero presentation participants.
- Responsible for the security, care, and user level maintenance on the DRIVE To Zero vehicle. Patrols streets/highways enforcing all motor vehicle laws with primary focus on commercial motor vehicles.
- Must have the ability to recognize violations of SC Vehicle and other Criminal Laws.
- Must be able to accurately cite violators, prepare cases, and prosecute violators in court. Conducts roadside Driver/Vehicle inspections on commercial motor vehicles using the NAS Inspection Procedures.
- Must have a good working knowledge of state law/federal rules and regulations.
- Must be able to independently conduct all levels of inspections. Attends continuous in-service training for recertification and attends any additional training.
- Must complete all training to maintain certification as a SC Law Enforcement Officer.
- Must maintain all current North American Standard Commercial Motor Vehicle inspection certifications.
- Completes all other training as deemed necessary by the SC State Transport Police. Submits reports to supervisors.
- Must be able to accurately submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports as directed by the supervisors. Performs other duties as directed.
- Must follow work related orders from supervisors.
- Must be able to assume and complete additional tasks assigned. Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum RequirementsA high school diploma and experience performing patrol or investigative duties with a public law enforcement agency. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required law enforcement experience.
Agency Minimum RequirementsHigh School diploma or equivalent. Must be commissioned/certified law enforcement officer by the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy.
*Additional Requirements *Must have the ability to communicate effectively with the public, coworkers, and supervisors. Employee will operate under general supervision. Must maintain daily contact with supervisor, must function with independence/judgement/discretion to enforce S>C> Motor Vehicle Laws as well as Commercial Motor Vehicle size, weight, adn safety regulations/laws.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time at times in inclement weather and have the flexibility to lift and carry approximately 100 lbs. Employee will be required to word various shifts including weekends and/or holidays which may require travel/lodging/ Employee will also be required to give/receive verbal instructions often from a distance of approximately 60 feet.
The duties listed are accurate in their limited scope. The actual duties are many and varied requiring expertise in many areas. This employee will perform the duties as outlined and perform other duties necessary and/or directed.
Interested persons meeting the required qualifications should submit SCDPS Form No. PRO-10 B and PRO-010C and return by the vacancy closing date to:
S.C. STATE TRANSPORT POLICE HEADQUARTERS POST OFFICE BOX 1993, BLYTHEWOOD, S.C. 29016 Telephone: (803) 896-5500 - Fax: (803) 896-5526
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), or national origin. The department prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), or national origin.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 107629
Closing: 11/29/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JC20
Position Number: 60025215
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $50,736.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $50,736.00
Opening Date: 11/20/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: *ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE. ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES WILL BE THROUGH ELECTRONIC MAIL.*
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Public Safety
Address: SCDPS/OHR P.O. Box 1993 Blythewood, South Carolina, 29016