SC Department of Public Safety Nurse Supervisor BPH & WSHPI/Nurse Manager II (Nurse Administrator/Manager I) in Richland County, South Carolina
This position is located within the Division of Inpatient Services' *G. Werber Byran Psychiatric Hospital/William S. Hall Psychiatric Institute, *Address: 220 Faison Drive, Columbia 29203.
This is a twelve hour shift position and worked on the day (7:00 am-7:30 pm) and/or night (7:00 pm-7:30 am) shift, including week-ends and holidays.
Supplemental location pay applies. Must meet direct-care qualifications.
You will be under the supervision of the Nurse Executive (Nurse Administrator III), and will assist/participate in the coordination of the Nursing Department function and the dissemination of information to include the follow-up of pertinent patient care, transport, emergency codes and employee issues. Responsible for providing administrative, clinical and staffing supervision on a specific shift for all GWBPH lodges.
Responsibilities will also include, but not limited to:
- Serving as shift supervisor in charge during “off hours”.
- Assessing nursing needs, delegation of selected assignments for care and evaluation of same.
- Receiving, reviewing and adjusting hospital-wide pertinent information related to patient care and employee activities for the previous shift.
- Coordinating the flow of admissions to the lodge on a shift.
- Performing nursing performance improvement tasks as necessary.
- Organizing, maintaining, and logging essential information necessary to use as reference in following up with patient care and employee issues.
- Ensuring code documentation.
- Completing some audits and educational training.
- Serving as a resource to staff.
- Ensuring safety and continuity of care in all patient care areas, with regards to high risk, problem prone issues, to assure adequate monitoring and documentation occurs per policy.
- Providing additional coverage to the units, particularly the isolation units, when needed during your scheduled work hours.
- Ensuring that staffing rosters are current, and accurately reflects changes to depict the actual staff members on duty for each lodge (nursing area), each shift.
- Providing shift report to the oncoming supervisor and the end of shift report to management.
- Adhering to all compliance policies/procedures, provide quality patient care and maintain accurate documentation.
- Adhering to Nursing Department meetings as required and/or assigned. Review transportation arrangements for discharges, trips and appointments, especially those occurring early morning, late afternoon and on weekends and holidays.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Requirements: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and related nursing experience.
Agency Requirements: A bachelor's degree in nursing; or a three (3) year diploma in nursing; or an associate degree in nursing and at least two (2) years of clinical nursing experience in either psychiatric, geriatric, or medical-surgical nursing, as appropriate to the employing facility. Must be licensed by the South Carolina State board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Note: If any preferred requirements are listed above, applicants must also meet those requirements to be considered for the position. Salary may vary depending on experience and qualifications.
*Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the employment application. The employment application will be considered incomplete and not forwarded. *
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Salary: $49,594.00 - $91,755.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 106093
Class Code: EA70
Position Number: 00000000
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Normal work schedule will be discussed during the interview.
Pay Band: Band 7
Opening Date: 10/02/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: You must apply on-line at www.careers.sc.gov. Follow the status of your application on-line.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health-Inpatient Services-Psychiatric Hospitals/Programs and Nursing Homes
Address: 220 Faison Drive Columbia, South Carolina, 29203