SC Department of Public Safety Mental Health Officer (#013573) Broad River CI, Columbia (RICHLAND) Level 3 in Richland County, South Carolina
Under general supervision of the Major or Designee:
- Will assist with the management of inmates with mental health concerns in restrictive housing and general population.
- Works closely with mental health and security staff in performing day to day escort and group activities to include a hybrid of security and clinical duties.
- Documents and prepares written reports in accordance with mental health and security guidelines.
- Assists with supervision of inmates by establishing a supportive environment promoting core SCDC values to inmates with mental health needs.
- Under guidance of QMHP, conducts psycho-educational groups and other pro-social activities that qualify as out of cell structured time.
- Assists with custody related duties, escorting, supervision of recreation and showers, cell checks, suicide watch/constant observation for inmates in inpatient settings, residential mental health housing units, restrictive housing and general population.
*Position assigned to Broad River CSU. *
Must successfully complete 4 week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and supervisory experience in correctional, security or police work. A Bachelor's degree in a Human Services or Criminal Justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experience. (Or and acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in a Human Services or Criminal Justice Field.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $36,859.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 013573
Closing: 2/26/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JD40
Position Number: 013573
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $36,859.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $36,859.00
Opening Date: 02/19/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited through the SCDC careers site. Candidates must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday - Friday (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM) Hours/Weekly: 40.00 Shift Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210