SC Department of Public Safety INTERNAL ONLY - Officer (CSU) - Broad River CI (RICHLAND) in Richland County, South Carolina
Interested applicants should complete form 16-81. Please fax to Melissa Nichols at (803) 896-1671. When applying, be sure to apply by using SCDC Position #016192.
- Conduct shakedowns of inmates and assigned cells daily.
- Responsible for conducting security checks every 10 minutes of less.
- Escort/monitor inmates during daily group activities and/or individual counseling.
- Assist with pulling inmates for showers, conducting in cell temperature checks, as well as temperature checks in cells.
- Will transport inmates to doctor's appointments, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
*2 Positions Available *
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 _Employment@doc.sc.gov_
Minimum and Additional Requirements
*SCDC Minimum Requirements: *
- 12 (Twelve) months or more work experience with SCDC.
- Incumbent must satisfactorily complete all academics and on the job training by the S.C. Department of Corrections as specified.
- Must have completed Defensive Driving Training and cannot be on the “No Drive List and or the No Draw List” with SCDC. Additional Comments
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 016192
Closing: 1/27/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JD 30
Position Number: 016192
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 3
Opening Date: 01/13/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Interested applicants should complete form 16-81. Please fax to Melissa Nichols at (803) 896-1671. When applying, be sure to apply by using SCDC Position #016192.
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday - Friday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm. (1 Shift Available) Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. (1 Shift Available) Shift hours and days subject to change based on the needs of the institution. Position will also be required to work weekend rotations.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210