SC Department of Public Safety Information System/ Business Analyst I in Richland County, South Carolina
Under direct or general supervision assists with the technical analysis, support, and configuration of the Department of Health and Human Services content management systems including but not limited to SharePoint, OnBase, and Office 365.
- Assists with analyzing business user needs to assess technical feasibility and solutions. Assists with translating business requirements into functional specifications and managing changes. Assists in reporting to management on status of projects.
- Involved in the full systems life cycle; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software, quality assurance, testing, and deployment.
- Communicates and coordinates workload schedules with supervisor; prepares progress reports to keep management informed. Participates in project planning/estimation and makes suggestions to improve the development of solutions and/or techniques.
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all systems, products and services meet agency standards and end-user requirements. Implements routine or standard business processes in assigned systems.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma and experience in computer system development and modification. A bachelor's degree in a related area may be substituted for the required work experience.
- Occasional overnight travel
Overtime and/or weekend work with Deputy approval Preferred Qualifications
Three to five years' experience in computer system development and modification.
- Basic knowledge of capabilities and intricacies of information systems.
- Basic knowledge of computer languages.
- Ability to understand and carry out basic technical instructions and requests.
- Basic ability to analyze and reduce to logical order complex technical data.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work effectively with users, vendors, and other IT personnel.
- Ability to assist with identifying and resolving problems.
- Basic, recent knowledge of SDLC (System Development Lifecycle) methodologies. Additional Comments
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. _A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purpose. _All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will go through electronic mail.
This position is located in E&E Applications, Richland County.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: Temporary Grant - Full-Time
Job Number: 61100367
Closing: 9/23/2020 5:00 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applicants must apply online.
Class Code: AM01
Position Number: 61100367
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $33,494.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $45,000.00
Opening Date: 09/16/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Address: 1801 Main Street, Suite 224 Columbia, South Carolina, 29201