SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Assistant (#019021) Division of Classification & Inmate Records, Columbia (RICHLAND) in Richland County, South Carolina
- Read and evaluate computer entry, all court orders, legal documents and warrants received each day from clerks of courts, solicitors, attorney general's office and other law enforcement organizations.
- Review release dates to ensure priority processing of documents and proper distribution.
- Researches and responds to telephone inquiries regarding inmate sentences, time to serve, location and other matters relevant to an inmate's confinement.
- Ensures the timely processing of all faxes received to include entry into the automated tracking system and makes required distribution.
- Responsible for making inquiries with county entities through the use of e-mail and written correspondence.
Must successfully complete three (3) week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A High School diploma and work experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Two (2) years of responsible clerical, secretarial or administrative experience.
Must have experience in use of a personal computer.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $27,527.00 - $35,563.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 019021
Closing: 11/24/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AA75
Position Number: 019021
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $27,527.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $35,563.00
Opening Date: 11/17/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through governmentjobs.com only; You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday - Friday ( 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM ) Security positions: 37.50 hrs. Shift/ Work Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210