SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Assistant (012518) Goodman Correctional Institution, Columbia (RICHLAND) Level 1 in Richland County, South Carolina
- Serves Human Resource Liaison .
- Maintain employee files.
- Monitor leave and attendance by running various reports in SCEIS to ensure there is no missing time or over-time.
- Complete documentation for employee corrective actions.
- Prepare documentation and explain benefits to new hires, assist employee with any H.R. related issues (benefits, payroll, leave, etc.).
- Provide administrative support to the Warden.
- Assist other staff as needed.
- Prepare and type correspondence, agendas, memorandums, compile reports and file.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of all fiscal records and operations.
- Develop budget requests and monitor compliance with approved budgets.
- Assists with procurement activities (office supplies, P.O. for inspections, petty cash etc.,).
- Oversee Mailroom procedures and ensure compliance with SCDC policy and procedures.
- Dissemination and retention of new SCDC policies and procedures as well as other management related activities.
- Institutional RIM (Resource Information Management) contact.
- Back up for inmate payroll.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
The State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A High School diploma and work experience that is directly related to the area of employment. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for required work experience. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
A High School diploma.
Six (6) years responsible clerical, secretarial or administrative experience.
*May be required to have experience in Microsoft Word application. *
*Resume must be attached to the application to be considered as a candidate for this position. * Additional Comments
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $32,206.00 - $41,568.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 012518
Closing: 3/2/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AA75
Position Number: 012518
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $32,206.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $41,568.00
Opening Date: 02/23/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited through SCDC careers site only; You must apply online via South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Times: Monday-Friday (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM) Hours/Week: 37.50 hrs. Shift/Work Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210