Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Director of Operations in North Charleston, South Carolina
Director of Operations
Full Time / Part-Time
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (NSWC-20-1550-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Director of Operations to join our team in Charleston, SC. The Director of Operations is responsible for the direct management of both technical and non-technical staff in the assigned division and/or unit.
Essential duties of the Director of Operations includes:
• Organizing Engineering and IT projects and programs within the Engineering & Program Management (PMO) business line, assigning direct and indirect tasking; managing the team(s) workloads, and selecting individuals most qualified for specific efforts.
• Resolving any issues escalated through Program Managers and is responsible for the employment, training, motivation and discipline of assigned employees.
• Overseeing the budget of the assigned unit within the business line.
• Contributing to and implementing approved strategic plans.
• Developing, improving, and implementing PMO processes.
• Participating with proposal response development, team coordination, and response quality/verification/validation.
• A Bachelor’s degree and more than ten (10+) years of professional management experience is required
• At least 5 years of site lead, project, and/or program management experience is required and any experience with FFP, T&M, and CR contract types is highly desired.
• Demonstrated, direct, current and relevant experience with the NIWC Atlantic technical, contractual, and/or leadership organizations is required
• Must have past experience as a participant and assisted in developing at least two proposal responses in the recent past
• Must have exceptional communication, both written and verbal skills and the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)