SC Department of Public Safety Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II in Lexington County, South Carolina
Hiring YOU to do accounting just adds up. Think beyond the numbers; come grow with us! We are a structured, residential, military-styled environment that emphasizes both academic and life-skills education. The Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School is looking for an enthusiastic Accounting/Fiscal Analyst II who is responsible for creating and maintaining the agency’s forecasting model, including but not limited to, analyzing the financial activity and trends of each funding source. The funding sources include:
- Earmarked funds
- State general funds
- Federal grants This position will create and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports. Incumbent will prepare annual closing packages, audit work papers and other information as needed for any internal and/or external financial audits. Incumbent should have knowledge of state governmental fiscal and budgetary processes, the ability to interpret and analyze complex financial data and communicate effectively. The Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II reports directly to the Agency Director.
- Tracks and monitors the budget to ensure adequate funding. Prepares budget transfers as necessary.
- Prepares accounts receivable invoices, credit interdepartmental transfers and back-up documentation; tracks reimbursement receipts and deposits all monies
- Monitors revenue account balances
- Analyzes, prepares and distributes various internal and external financial reports including GAAP closing packages.
- Assists with developing and maintaining internal accounting controls, policies and procedures
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates existing policies and procedures to develop improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Maintains and updates grants in SCEIS including budget release and return
- Reconciles individual student accounts to composite reservoir funds and approved refunds
- Prepares reimbursement from students accounts to the school
Minimum and Additional Requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Government Management, or Public Administration and six (6) years of financial, accounting or budgeting experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree in any field and eight (8) years of financial, accounting, or budgeting experience.
A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Government Management, or Public Administration and five (5) years of financial, accounting, or budgeting experience.
Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, theories and terminology of Accounting. Knowledge of state government procedures. Knowledge of accounting systems, especially SAP. Thorough knowledge of the South Carolina Enterprise Information System (SCEIS). Experience in the preparing of financial projections and forecasting. Knowledge of financial report preparation, review and analysis. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. An advanced level of Excel and/or other programming experience is critical for this position. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to safely lift and carry files, supplies, boxes, etc. weighing up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for intermittent periods of time
- Must be able to reach, bend, and twist at the waist to perform filing, and other desk work
- Must be able to operate general office equipment
- SCEIS and State of South Carolina Government experience Additional Comments
Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume is accepted, but will not take the place of the official state application. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Lexington County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: AD25
Closing: 10/30/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Apply on-line only
Class Code: AD25
Position Number: 60003574
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 5
Opening Date: 10/12/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School
Address: 3300 West Campus Road West Columbia, South Carolina, 29170