SC Department of Public Safety Qualified Mental Health Professional (#010427) Ridgeland Correctional Inst.,Ridgeland (JASPER) L2 in Jasper County, South Carolina
- Provides mental health assessments and treatment recommendations for referred inmates.
- Maintains accurate documentation.
- Conducts individual counseling for inmates on caseload.
- Conducts group counseling for specified inmates.
- Provides regular feedback to mental health, medical and security staff on referred inmates.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provides crisis intervention as requested by mental health and/or medical staff.
- Participates in the on-call pool to provide after hour coverage to the institution.
- Provides discharge planning for identified inmates.
- Provides other duties related to SCDC and the Division of Behavioral/Mental Health.
Must attend SCDC Basic Training upon hire. $48,960 – LMSW, LPC-I, or LPC-A $53,040 – LPC, LISW, LMFT or LPC-S
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A Bachelor's degree and professional experience in Human Services or Social Services Programs. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in a mental health related field (i.e. social work or counseling).
- A license to practice as an LMSW or LPC-A is required for entry level.
- Two (2) years of experience in a mental health/social services setting.
- Must be licensed as a LPC, LISW, LPC-S or LMFT is preferred.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: See Position Description
Location: Jasper County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 010427
Closing: 3/2/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: GA60
Position Number: 010427
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 6
Hiring Range - Min.: $48,960.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $53,040.00
Opening Date: 02/05/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through the SCDC careers site only; Candidates must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday - Friday (8:00AM - 4:00PM) Hours/Week : 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210