BriteLife Recovery Chef in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
We are looking to hire a commendable Chef to manage our kitchen staff and to resolve kitchen issues swiftly. The Chef attracts and retains staff, maintains a cooperative relationship with team members, optimizes staff productivity and serves as replacement in team members' absence. You will train staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment, and oversee cooks performing food preparation. You will oversee delivery of food supplies, prepare special dishes and supervise overall kitchen operation during dinner service.
To ensure success you will ensure your team delivers high-quality, cost-effective dishes promptly. Top candidates are creative, service-oriented and level-headed.
• Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
• Coordinating cooks' tasks.
• Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
• Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
• Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
• Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
• Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
• Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
• Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints
ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes