Louis Berger Hawthorne Services Sr. Technical Writer in Greenville, South Carolina
Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a qualified Sr. Technical Writer to join our team at our corporate office in Greenville, SC.
The ideal candidate will perform functions related to the support of Business Development and Operations for Louis Berger Services. Functions include but are not limited to: Technical writing with an emphasis on proposal compliance, win themes, proof points, best value propositions and similar writing techniques as well as contributing to website information and accuracy and the production of marketing materials; evaluating solicitation requirements and performing review and coordination; leading relatively uncomplex proposals as a Proposal Manager.
· Gathers information from subject matter experts for inclusion in technical proposals; rewrites this information into a format that meets proposal requirements and shows understanding of the subject matter.
· Performs technical writing as directed by management for those proposals he or she is not managing, or additional technical writing that may be needed by Louis Berger on non-proposal efforts.
· Ensures technical, past performance, corporate experience, safety, quality, etc. volumes of proposals are written with a single voice even though inputs may come from multiple sources and formats.
· Ensures all strategies and themes are integrated in the proposal document.
· Ensures the effective writing of the proposal document.
· Works closely with functional departments to obtain resources and information necessary to develop and finalize proposals.
· Reviews and edits proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors and contributors
· Prepares proposal plan and capture documents to include, full proposal outline, schedules and compliance matrix.
· Coordinates storyboard development with multiple authors and signs off completed storyboards prior to first draft writing.
· Gathers information on past project experience/performance and develops key personnel resumes.
· Develops and prepares documents for Pink and Red Team Reviews.
· Supports the implementation of Louis Berger brand standards throughout all materials, coordinates reprographics and production schedules with graphic designers, and compiles/distributes submittals and then ships them.
· Provides word-processing, desktop publishing and graphic design skills to produce proposals, brochures, conference materials, award submissions and presentations following Louis Berger standards.
· Supports Bid/No Bid process.
· Develops and coordinates preparation of all proposal volumes.
· Oversees the proposal production of all volumes.
· Coordinates proposal calendar to meet all deadlines outlined in the RFP.
· Plans and executes proposal development assignments for the proposal
· Provides overall quality assurance for proposal materials.
· Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
· Develops comprehensive, technical proposal documentation that meets organizational standards and proposal requirements.
· Perform all other duties as prescribed by management.
· Bachelor’s Degree plus two to four years of relevant work experience
· Technical/Management writing and proposal management experience on large scale, competitive proposals with preference given to candidates with experience on US Government solicitations and contracts.
· Outstanding writing and communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively with variety of personnel.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work under tight and demanding deadlines.
· Skills in editing, formatting, and graphics development.
· Formal training in industry-recognized proposal management disciplines (i.e. Shipley) is helpful.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
· Must be able to provide a portfolio of writing samples upon interview.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.