WindStream Communications Network Analyst I / II – Kinetic Business Data/Voice/Transport Tech in Greenville, South Carolina
The Kinetic Business Repair Analyst I / II, performs complex technical trouble shooting, isolation and repair of business customer impacting service troubles (out of service and degraded service). Duties will include acting as a Kinetic Business customer advocate in support of TDM Voice, VoIP, IP, and Transport services.
* Utilize and multitask between multiple systems to verify customer services and perform in-depth trouble isolation and repair
* Maintain workload via a trouble ticket queue, detailing each ticket with notes of steps taken, test results and resolution data
* Perform customer advocate duties while maintaining a positive and professional manner, during high stress situations
* Advocate for the customer by working cooperatively with carriers and vendors, both internal and external, escalating issues as needed
* Provide excellent customer service by communicating progress and resolution to customers on a regular basis, via inbound and outbound phone calls, and/or email, for each ticket
* Contribute to realizing departmental company net promoter score goals (NPS) and mean time to repair objectives (MTTR)
* Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management
* Expert Levelunderstanding of telecom switching topology and network architectures, and Outside Plant Layout (OSP) * Expertknowledge of the OSI model * Expert Level experience with troubleshooting and testing of Layer One using remote testing tools. * Highly Proficient withtrouble ticketing and inventory systems, such as Remedy and MetaSolve (MSS). * High Proficiency in the reading and comprehension ofCircuit Layout Records (CLR) and Design Layout Records (DLR). * Expert level knowledge ofvoice switches and edge routers with regards to troubleshooting, specifically, Lucent 5eSS, Nortel DMS, Genband G9, as well as Cisco and Juniper edge and Adtran customer premise equipment (CPE) routers * Expert introuble-shootingmanaged equipment such as routers and channel banks * The ability to conduct webinar and/or classroom training on new and existing troubleshooting technologies. * The keen sense to identify technical inabilities in lower level techs, and created targeted training to assist in elevating skillset Required Work Habits/Behaviors: * Must be able to communicate effectively, respectfully and professionally through written and verbal means. * Must understand and adhere to department/organization/company policies. * Must always demonstrate independent, sound decision making skill. * Must be open to coaching and development as well as providing coaching to lower level technicians * Adapts to change quickly and easily. * Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques. * Ability to shift strategy or approach based on the demands of work. * Looks for ways to make changes work rather than identifying why change will not work.
Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 20003560
Other Locations: US-Arkansas-Little Rock, US-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.