Fluor BIM Coordinator in Greenville, South Carolina
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an execution framework for Building Information Modeling (BIM) on a medium to large sized, engineering, procurement and construction / construction management (EPC/EPCM) or services project. The individual in this position reports directly to the project BIM Manager or Project Manager/Director on smaller projects. As a BIM Coordinator, he is responsible for the support of project BIM process implementation and coordination activities to include oversight support of the master Federated Model, leading of the coordination and model review meetings (as required), and lead clash management efforts.
• Provide BIM technical support, coordination leadership, and training to Project Team.
• As a key resource on a project team, the role requires collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives, Fluor management and functional leads, as well as IPD contractor BIM counterparts.
• Plan, implement, train team, and execute BIM requirements on a project per the BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Work directly with Project Automation (CAD Support Group) to support Federated Model development and management.
• Facilitate BIM Coordination Meeting (Schedule, facilitate, and host Web Meetings).
• Establish and maintain File management for all electronic and hard copy BIM documents.
• Support full BIM project execution with flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery method.
o Work Face Planning integration
o Validated software option
o Interoperability between various software
o Flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery
• Responsible to work directly with the Lead Engineers and support the design teams (Internal Fluor and IPD Contractors) on the following areas as required:
o Review, verification, and incorporation of design models into the master Federated Model (working with Fluor automation team);
o Support BIM related issues as required;
o Development and implementation of project required BIM work processes;
o Support clash management process and provide oversight of the clash detection process (working with Systems Support (Project Automation)); and
o Perform design related interface with members of the Owner and A/E engineering team(s).
• Provide support of BIM collaboration site data management systems (Example; BIM 360, Fluor Clash Management Tool, Nucleus DB Interface)
• Work with other construction trades for coordination issues on client sites.
• Coordinate responsibilities as it relates to BIM implementation of fabrication plans.
• Participate in BIM / IPD seminars, training for continued learning experiences and knowledge of BIM / IPD local regulations and local contractor IPD capabilities
• Utilize knowledge management processes to capture support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
Job ID: 125756BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.