SMG Banquet Cook in Greenville, South Carolina
This is a hands-on position responsible for hot and cold food banquet and concessions production under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and/or Lead Line Cook.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares protein, soups, sauces, starches and vegetable items according to established recipes and timelines.
- Ensures high quality and minimal waste by following approved production techniques.
- Properly labels and dates food items for storage.· Maintains an organized sanitary workstation at all times.
- Ability to produce high quality food in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to follow recipes and perform basic math in order to calculate production demands.
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Ability to become ServSafe Certified.
- Ability to use cutlery and standard kitchen machinery.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years experience as a cook or prep-cook, not including fast-food or short-order cooks.
- Large volume banquet experience highly preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.for up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
- Kitchen environment
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Less than 30 hours per week on average.
- Hours vary based on need.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including some nights and weekends based on facility event schedule.
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above and are interested in this position, You may apply in one of the following ways:
SMG -- TD Convention Center
One Exposition Drive
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 864-255-5864
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled