Lockheed Martin Aircraft Painter III in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Aircraft Painter for Production and Sustainment:
- Read and interpret engineering paint drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes
- Detail surfaces and prepare for paint by cleaning, stripping, abrading or chemically treating
- Perform basic fiber glass repairs using fillers or high build primers
- Wash aircraft surfaces prior to painting
- Mask aircraft surfaces as necessary protecting sensitive components, final wiping prior to paint application, prime and paint
- Use proper painting techniques, mixing ratio’s, correct paint viscosity, identification of improper and/or unacceptable finish application
-LO and Ram Coating application
- Layout and apply required markings to include stripes and two tone surfaces.
- Use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, grinders, sanders, paint guns, tape measure, etc.
- Provide personal tools required by the Company and be able to work any shift and/or weekend as directed by operational requirements.
*****Each individual that applies to perform a safety-sensitive function, will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines*****
-Ability to use a respirator and pass required medical exams.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- 8 years of experience in aircraft paint applications
- Must have experience with painting high gloss finish
-Aircraft strip experience
-Full paint experience on Low Observable and RAM coatings
- Man lift operator experience
- Ability to obtain respirator certification
- Ability to work most paint tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret paint drawings and apply paint in accordance with standard processes
- Provide personal tools and a shadowed toolbox as required by the Company
- Ability to work any shift and/or weekend as directed by operational requirements
- Ability to pass physicals as required by company
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram and schedule form
- Promote an effective use of company and customer assets to ensure ground and flight safety
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area
- High School education or equivalent (GED)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.