Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Financial Analyst in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Summarize overall purpose of the position.
Responsible for the month-close, yearly DC budget generation, monthly variance analysis, forecasting, and various other projects related to the distribution centers. Individual will be heavy user of Excel spreadsheets, along with utilizing Hyperion and other PC database software for analysis purposes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % OF TIME
List the core duties or tasks that are fundamental to the performance of the job. Define purpose, function and the result to be accomplished. Also, focus on frequency, time spent, etc. List in order of importance.List the % of time for each Job Function.
- Monitor actual distribution cost transactions in the General Ledger and review consolidated DC & Administrative department data for errors and highlight significant trends / variances from budgeted / forecasted performance goals. Maintain Administrative department forecasts and speak to variances from budget / forecast.30%
- Support the strategic growth of the company. Improve scalability and increase utilization of files across the network. Drive improvements within the department with emphasis on utilizing Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Excel spreadsheets.20%
- Assist distribution center finance managers and their teams in resolving financial-related questions and researching General Ledger activity. Act as a liaison between Finance and Distribution for any accounting or financial matters.20%
- Assist in generation of the annual budget and five-year strategic plan for distribution centers and administrative departments. Work in conjunction with DC & Network Implementation groups in understanding Capital spend (budget / forecast) and help manage the DC Procurement functions with other network teams.20%
- Produce analysis for ad hoc requests. Other duties as assigned.10%
List 4-8 competencies for the position.
- Adaptability•Functional / Technical Skills
- Analysis and Judgment•Time Management
- Business Acumen•Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
List Education level, Years of Experience, Technical Knowledge, and/or Certifications required for the position.
- 4-6 years of experience with budget and forecasting experience required.
- BS/BA in accounting or finance required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Understand advanced Excel functions including: Pivot Tables, Lookups, Index/Match, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to adapt and effectively deal with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member on projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior leadership.
- Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, primarily working on a computer and handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Indicate positions (list of job titles) directly supervised by this position.
COMPLETED BY: (Name and title of individual completing position description)
David Meyers, Senior Manager, Supply Chain Finance
DATE INDIVIDUAL COMPLETED POSITION DESCRIPTION: