Victory Packaging Procurement Forester in Florence, South Carolina
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Procurement Forester - Florence, SC
2202 Paper Mill Rd
Florence, South Carolina, 29502
We arelooking for a Procurement Forester to join our Florence Mill Forest Resourcesteam to assist in aggressively managing fiber purchase requirements, supportingthe overall region objectives to maintain the lowest cost, highest qualityfiber sourcing in support of mill’s forecasted needs while maintaining thehighest compliance with safety and environmental requirements. ThisProcurement Forester role will work with private landowners and external fibersuppliers to secure delivered volumes of pulpwood, chips, and fuel to the millsystem to defined annual targets. The position will be relied on principally toidentify and develop fiber supply and provide strong customer service to ourmill.
1. Lead, promote, enhance, and model WestRock’s safety and environmentally consciousculture.
2. Assist the Fiber Supply Manager in executing the annual strategic purchase planto provide the highest value fiber to the digester across the annual cycle byidentify and developing fiber sources and ensuring a consistent supply oftargeted levels of delivered fiber through external purchases.
3. Assist in the development of the tactical plans supporting the annual strategyto deliver on mill requirements. Lead the ground level execution of thetactical plans. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate robustunderstanding of market data including the preparation of business strategyrecommendations by proactively capturing pertinent market data, evaluatingrelevance to region strategy, identifying cost savings opportunities, andproviding feedback and options to the Area Manager for decision making.
4. Mustbe a team player workign with other members of the regional team in theexecution of the fiber supply plan with precision and a high sense of urgency,remaining flexible to adjust strategy and tactics given changes in marketconditions and/or mill operations to sustain the highest value fiber to thedigester across the annual cycle.
5. Effectively evaluate delivered fiber opportunities and successfully negotiatepricing based on true market demands that provide high quality fiber to thedigester at lowest possible costs with both open market sources and privatelandowners.
6. Effectively evaluate stumpage purchase opportunities and successfully negotiatepricing based on true market demands that provide high quality fiber to thedigester at lowest possible costs.
7. Effectively recruit and maintain quality harvest contractors to ensure harvestof stumpage purchases are within desired timeframes, adhere to all externalBest Management Practices (BMPs) standards and meet the landowner objectivesall while maintaining the lowest sustained harvest cost.
8. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including peers, the fiberprocurement team, management, landowners, and suppliers in verbal and writtenform related to relevant operations, strategies, and status of execution.
9. Assist the Fiber Supply Manager in the development and reporting of timely andaccurate financial information including budgets, forecasts, and projectedspending.
10. Represent WestRock in the community by participation in Associations,workshops, and civic and government affairs.
What YouNeed to Succeed:
Forestryexperience preferred along with a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or relatedfield.
Must embodyWestRock core values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based onintegrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training withnumerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflectingskills, competencies, and growth potential
A career with a global packagingcompany where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers andfoundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creatingand maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.