Victory Packaging E/I Supervisor in Florence, South Carolina
This role will provide direct supervision to hourly maintenance personnel to safely achieve maximum equipment uptime at the lowest cost.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Administers and model’s safety in his/her area of responsibility. Participates in and supports the safety programs for the maintenance department. Reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance will all applicable OSHA and mill safety
· Responds to calls 24hr/day, is a team member on a rotating weekend/holiday basis and is on call support for maintenance
· Manages contractors
· Sets expectations of the crews and provides direction using SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely)
· Primarily responsible for direct supervisor to hourly mechanics in the assigned area of responsibility
· Maintains the equipment in assigned area to achieve the maximum possible uptime at the lowest possible cost
· Utilizes JD Edwards CMMS as a primary tool of the mill maintenance process
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelors or Associates degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
· 5 years or more of experience in the heavy industrial or process industries, Pulp & Paper experience preferred
· 5 years or more experience in a supervisory role
· Personal computer skills
· Experience in the following areas:
o Power distribution systems
o Process instrumentation systems
o Distributed control systems
o Programmable logic controllers
o Coordinated drive systems
o Variable speed A.C. and D.C. drives
o Low and medium voltage motor control centers
· Safety – Exhibits strong competencies in Safety Mindset and has a thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures.
· Ability to Execute – Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities.
· Champion of & Adaptor to Change – Drives for continuous improvement while managing expectations and results. Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and accelerates the change within themselves, their work group, or the organization; challenges the status quo and creatively identifies opportunities for improvement. Demonstrates a constant commitment to do things better.
· Customer Focused – Understands and works to meet customer requirements. Listens to and responds to customer’s needs; builds relationships with and gains trust of customer by always meeting commitments.
· Decision Making/Judgment – Recognizes problems and responds by systematically gathering information and weighing options. Able to sort through complex issues, seeks input from others and addresses root cause of issues. Makes timely and accurate decisions. Uses consensus when possible and clearly communicates decisions to others.
· Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action. Seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, and demonstrates a bias for action without being prompted.
· Problem Solving/Analysis – Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues. Can simplify and process complex issues and information, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts, can analyze data/information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Influence & Persuasion – Able to exhibit a ‘can-do’ approach and inspire associates to excel, uses competition to encourage others, develops performance standards and confronts negative attitudes. Develops a team spirit and uses tact when expressing ideas or opinions. Presents new ideas to authority figures and adapts presentations to suit a particular audience. Responds to objections successfully.
· Integrity – Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment. Prevents inappropriate behavior by coworkers, give proper credit to others and handles all situations honestly.
· Communication – Able to clearly present information through spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talks with employees, customers, and supplies, and has strong listening skills.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.