SC Works Veteran Jobs

Job Information

TEKsystems Service Desk Technician in Columbia, South Carolina


Our client recently had one member promoted to the Network Services team and one member that is taking a new position. This has created a need to bring in two individuals to help support their service desk team. These individuals would be doing about 75% of their work answering phone calls and taking tickets, while the other 25% of the time they would be with the end user in person doing troubleshooting. This person would be taking tickets around email problems, password resets, Microsoft application questions, merging documents, etc. This person may need to troubleshoot printers if they are not working properly as well. Occasionally this person may need to remote into an end users' devices and help to remotely solve an issue. They currently use Fresh Service ticketing system but will take someone with any ticketing system experience.

This is a very public facing role. These individuals may need to work overtime with various meetings that could potentially have technical issues that they are having while the end users are in session. It is important that they have someone that has great customer experience and communication. This person will work M-F 8:30AM-5PM however, when in session, they may need to work late (would be notified in advance).

JOB PURPOSE: To provide hands on technical support to executive members, staff, and other members; to communicate daily with Service Desk Manager keeping him/her apprised of project status, workloads and any client communications. The Service Desk Analyst works under the supervision of the Service Desk Manager to meet team goals and deadlines while providing daily status updates and communicating with co-workers regularly.


To support an effective and efficient Service/Help Desk during normal working hours and provide direct support to end users during active session. Some late evenings but will be notified with weeks of notice.

Provides professional customer service following ITIL best practices.

Leverage a software work order management (ticketing) system to record support requests, ensure timely closure of work orders, and provide real time alerting and periodic analysis and reporting of request statistics.

Provide comprehensive software and technology training to legislative members and staff.

Evaluate and test for usability new releases of enterprise software.

Works to continually improve business processes and streamline operational efficiency.


help desk, service desk, windows, troubleshooting, phone support, ITIL, A+, ticketing system

Top Skills Details:

  1. Microsoft Office Product experience (This person will be taking tickets around excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)

  2. Experience working with Windows 10 Operating System - There will be tickets around email problems that end users are having.

  3. This person needs to have experience working with high level end users such as manager or C-suite folks.

Additional Skills & Qualifications:

Important to know: Manager's top priority is for this person to have a personality and be extremely professional in-front of end users.

Must have ITIL Foundations and A+ certifications or must obtain these credentials with in 12 months of fulltime employment. (LSA will pay for the first attempt of each certification, if not passed, the individual will need to pay out of pocket).

Needs to have a Bachelors or Associates degree.

Experience Level:

Intermediate to Expert Level

About TEKsystems:

We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.