Landmark Health Senior Enigneer, Communication Services in Columbia, South Carolina
The Senior Engineer serves as the Senior operational team member of the Landmark communication technology services team within the Information Technology Department. A key responsibility of this role is to continually monitor, maintain, and improve the operational efficiency of the portfolio of communication technologies. The areas of accountability include core networks, telephony technologies, cellular and data transmission technologies, and communication and collaboration technologies.
The Senior Engineer serves as the highest skilled contributor within the technical team. The Senior Engineer providers mentorship and guidance to team members and participates in efforts that focus on ongoing improvements in operational processes, practices, and technologies.
The candidate will assist leadership in staying current with industry technology advancements, vetting technologies that advance the capabilities of Landmark, and conducting competitive market analysis on these technologies in alignment with future Landmark strategies.
The preferred candidate should have a proven record of maintaining and monitoring critical technologies in areas of network communication, telephony communications, cellular and data technologies, and communication and collaboration technologies.
The candidate must have a proven track record in managing and handling infrastructure in a healthcare environment. Experience and familiarity with HIPAA and other regulations governing data and systems in a healthcare environment will be required.
Opportunity is full time Remote. Candidates must reside in one of the States where Landmark offers services. Click on link to review locations: https://www.landmarkhealth.org/locations/
Additional States Include: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin
• Responsible for ensuring operational efficiency of core technologies within the communication technology service areas
• Responsible for the full life cycle management of the communications technology portfolio.
• Ensures operational adherence to standards and operational processes and procedures while actively supporting the overall information technology architecture and strategy within the communication technologies portfolio
• Ensures that the communication and compute technologies are aligned to support system high availability, reliability, and are aligned to corporate security and compliance standards and policies.
• Ensures transmission of data in a timely manner and ensures the information transmitted from Health Plan clients and the protection of such information is conducted in a secure and compliant environment.
• Engaging and partnering with the other services areas within the IT Department and key corporate business functional units to ensure technologies are operating to documented standards of performance and delivery.
• Follows and enforces required protocols for HIPAA compliance and other healthcare and industry security regulatory compliance standards.
• Supports efforts to recruit, hire, manage and retain high performing team at all levels.
• Provide oversight for continuous quality improvement initiatives. Build and maintain positive relationships with key business and clinical stakeholders.
• Monitor all system reporting metrics to identify opportunities in areas of process improvement, automation, system efficiency, and reducing operational costs.
• Appropriately escalates issues to management.
• Participates with Executive management on special projects and strategic initiative.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5-7 years of information technology experience, with at least 7 year of experience supporting infrastructure communication technologies
• Advanced technical level knowledge and understanding of enterprise architecture, end user computing platforms, application design and integration, and communication technology transfer protocols and mediums.
• Previous work experience with a healthcare / insurance company preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues.
• High energy; demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, entrepreneurial environment and think outside the box.
Job Locations US-CA-Huntington Beach | US-Remote
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (1/6/2021 5:09 PM)
Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time
Job ID 2020-4836