FHI360 Senior Budget Lead, for Proposals (FHI Clinical) in Columbia, South Carolina
Summary of the position:
The Senior Budget Lead in the Proposals team is responsible for developing clinical trial budgets in response to sponsor requests for proposals. This includes determining, with input from others, which budget template and approach will be used for each proposal. The Lead will develop a costing response to the sponsor’s request using supplied specifications, making assumptions and working closely with other team members, including the technical lead, subject matter experts, writers, proposal managers, and contracts department. The Lead will work with external partners and vendors as needed to estimate costs. The Lead will also design and develop budgeting and analytical tools, promote adoption of the tools, and establish strong customer relationships (both internal and external).
· Be an integrated and critical member of the proposal team ensuring the budget is in line with the proposal work plan/scope, cost recovery, funder requirements, and compliance with FHI Clinical policy and guidance.
· Lead cost and pricing strategies and risk analysis and lead the budget development process for bids and proposals
· Understand budget planning tools and techniques to manage the proposal budget workflow
· Map budget to sponsor provided templates as required
· Provide training when needed to junior budget team and others as required, on budget templates and budgeting processes
· Participate in organizational meetings to ensure accurate setup of financial planning and cost structure for proposal budget
· Develop ad-hoc reports to respond to requests for budgetary information
· All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must have excellent skills with budgeting tools, including excel based tools
· Must demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
· Has in-depth technical knowledge and can connect the financial and non-financial information to generate insights and recommendations for program effectiveness
· Ability to communicate in an articulate and professional manner with clients and staff
· Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Network with senior internal and external personnel as needed to improve budgeting tools and approaches
· Support technology applications by exploring and adapting to changing technologies.
· Proactively verify problem resolution. Independently resolve routine and non-routine problems
· Make suggestions for technical and functional modifications to resolve current issues or prevent future problems
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Information Systems, Finance, Business Administration or Related Field
Preferred Job-related Experience:
5 - 8 years of progressively responsible financial costing experienceExperienced using systems to produce budgets and other costing exercises and reports..Proficiency in spreadsheet softwareFamiliar with cost estimating models, basic modeling and simulation principles, basic operations research methods, particularly statistical data analysisExperience in CRO and/or pharmaceutical business development
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Physical Expectations:
· Typical office environment.
· Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
· Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to lift 5 - 50 lbs
Expected travel time is <10% for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.