Sylvan Learning Center Administrative Coordinator (Irmo) - PartTime in Columbia, South Carolina
Sylvan Learning Center is hiring a Center Administrative Coordinator who will keep us on track as we go through our very busy days within the center and at our on-site and off-site events. Sylvan has been helping students succeed in school for over 40 years and you will be our first contact with the many phone calls, center visits, prospective customers and teachers asking about our services.
The perfect candidate would be an outgoing, friendly, and professional individual with strong customer service, phone and computer skills. Must enjoy working with children. This position is fast-paced and requires a talented multi-tasker. Morning hours available in the summer and at least every other Saturday. During the school year, afternoon hours are two (2) to four (4) days Monday to Thursday from 3pm or 3:30pm until 6:45pm or 7:45pm (with Saturdays from 8:45 to noon needed at least two Saturday's each month). Some Sundays from 2:00 to 5:00 may be necessary. Throughout the year some events will need to be attended and they vary from an all-day event to just morning, afternoon or evening and usually depend on availability. This is a job sharing position. Responsible for leading the day-to-day administrative tasks in the Center such as phone reception, data entry, filing and center organization, center supply management and inventorying, pre & post instructional readiness, transition time management, student store oversight, some market research, thorough center cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, empty trash, clean bathrooms, etc...), and other administrative tasks as assigned. The Center Administrative Coordinator provides a positive first impression for potential and existing customers, fields all calls from customers, schedules & reschedules appointments, makes outbound reminder calls and texts for all appointments occurring the next business day or in the near future, calls customers as needed if late or appointments need to be rescheduled, facilitates the on-boarding of new and graduating students, proctors assessments, and helps to coordinates community and school marketing events.
Be part of a team who works together so that students succeed and parents get the best customer care possible. Depending on experience coming into the job and additional ongoing training, the Hourly rate starts at $9/hour.
- Responsible College-bound High School student or one working on an Associates or four-year degree
- Customer service experience; Retail sales experience a plus
- Experience using full suite of Microsoft Office applications and other standard business applications
- Knowledge of general office equipment such as copiers, printers, and office phones
Bilingual (Spanish/French) a definite plus SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
A constant smile with professional appearance, outgoing and approachable personality
- Enthusiastic, welcoming demeanor, strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer data entry skills, a willingness to learn our center operations software, and other administrative skills
- Creative and effective writing skills
- Very strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain confidentiality and react to change productively while handling other essential tasks as assigned
- Ability to self-direct, knowing what needs to be done without being asked
- Desire and ability to keep the center clean and organized without being asked
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.