SC Department of Public Safety HVAC/Energy Management Tech (#010683) Turbeville C I, Turbeville (CLARENDON) Level 2 in Clarendon County, South Carolina
- Develops preventive maintenance and repair program throughout facility for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Establishes on-call procedures and responds to calls.
- Determines requirements for preventive maintenance and repair supplies and equipment and prepares justification for and requisitions, supplies/equipment.
- Remains abreast of new techniques/procedures/equipment in functional area and recommends the procurement of, and assists in supervising the installation of, new equipment.
- Work involves overtime and 24-hour on-call responsibilities for emergency repairs.
- Prescribed by the SCDHEC.
- Determines requirements for plumbing supplies and equipment and prepares justification for and requisitions all supplies.
- Remains abreast of new plumbing techniques, procedures and equipment in functional areas.
- Recommends the procurment of and assists in supervising the installation of new plumbing and sewage disposal equipment.
Must successfully complete four (4) weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A High School Diploma and Trade Experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC* Minimum Requirements:*
- A High School Diploma.
- Three (3) years of experience in General Maintenance, Installation and/or repairs of Heating/Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems.
Must be EPA Universal Certified for Refrigeration Systems.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has to met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $34,840.00 - $44,994.00 Annually
Location: Clarendon County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 010683
Closing: 3/2/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: KC23
Position Number: 010683
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $34,840.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $44,994.00
Opening Date: 10/27/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited throughgovernmentjobs.com. You must apply Online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career Website www.governmentjobs.com/careeres/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any others postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday-Friday ( 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM) Hours/Week: 37.50 Week Days: Mon-Fri. Work Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210