HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Regional Coding Operations Manager in Charleston, South Carolina
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Regional Coding Operations Manager - WFH.
HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to excellence in every patient interaction. Are you excited yet?
Click here to learn more
REMOTE BASED POSITION- Ideal candidate would reside or be willing to relocate to the Charleston, SC Market
Seeking a* Regional Coding Operations Manager* to support our South Atlantic Division. In this role you will provide leadership expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role: * You will function as a subject matter expert educating healthcare providers and other appropriate practice staff in E/M and surgical documentation, billing, coding, and reimbursement issues. * You will work in conjunction with the Account Resolution team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections to address any issues. * You will act as the main contact for division and practice coding issues, questions, and concerns. * You will oversee and be actively involved in PSG coding operational processes and workflows including but not limited to practice acquisitions, provider clinical documentation improvement, practice coding processes, and division relationship management as applicable. * You will be a liaison between the centralized coding unit and the division and practices resolving coding, billing and workflow issues. * You will interpret policies and procedures, recommend changes, and provide relevant feedback. * You will serve as a key promoter of Coding Operations and set the tone of Coding Operations as a service organization.
What Qualifications you will need:
* Minimum 7 years professional fee coding and revenue cycle operations experience strongly preferred.
* Minimum 5 years healthcare management/leadership experience required.
* Experience leading large organizations preferred.
* Clinical background and previous chart abstraction experience is also preferred.
* Must holdat least oneof the following credentials: Certified Coding Specialist(CCS), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician(CCS-P), Registered Health Information Technician(RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator(RHIA)through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)* Certified Professional Coder(CPC®)or Certified Outpatient Coder(COC®) *
* AAPC's Certified Risk Adjustment Coder(CRC)is strongly preferred
* Proficient with eCW EMR, PatientKeeper charge capture system, and/or other related billing systems is preferred.
* Must be familiar with third party fee profiles and reimbursement requirements.
* Experience with Encoder Pro or AAPC Coder is highly preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology is preferred.
* Frequent day trips and minimal overnight travel is required
* Incumbent is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines and relevant federal regulations through the use of current CPT-4, HCPCS II, and ICD-10 materials, the Federal Register, and other pertinent materials.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Regional Coding Operations Manager
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-South Atlantic Division
Requisition ID: 21129-93207