Oracle HPC Program Manager in Charleston, South Carolina
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HPC Program Manager
Location: Remote opportunity within US or Canada
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. This role will be located in Oracle's downtown Seattle Offices.
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers exciting new capabilities on OCI. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is looking for Solutions Architects (SAs) possessing deep technical skills in systems architecture, cloud computing, and HPC. The ideal candidates will have excellent customer-facing skills and a passion for educating, training, designing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customer solutions.
In this role you will enable OCI customers to more effectively utilize OCI High Performance Computing services and the platform at large. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions and how manufacturing, financial, oil and gas, and retail workloads to the cloud. You will also work closely with several OCI product teams to share customer feedback, help refine product evolution and user experience.
As a Solutions Architect on the High Performance Computing Team you will continuously experiment on our platform by building, deploying and running application across thousands of cores which aligning to customer use cases in order to develop best practices and reference architectures. This role will have the opportunity to help shape the next generation of cloud computing and influence the adoption and usage patterns among enterprise and hyper scale customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in deeply technical architectural discussions with customers, partners and Oracle field personnel to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
• Author or contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, handbooks and presentations.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Demonstrated experience in architecting, deploying and management of solutions. Past experience working directly in customer implementations is highly desirable.
• Possess 5 years of HPC experience in industry and demonstrate an intermediate understanding of HPC applications architecture and data flow.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Past experience writing and publishing technical white papers.
• The successful candidate will have spent at least 5 years of their career in customer facing roles with a proven record of earning trust as well as effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and in interactions with partner and customers.
• Mid-level systems administration experience on either**nix or Windows.
• BS/MS degree or equivalent HPC experience required; Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or Physics degree with Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus.
• Experience deploying HPC solutions to the cloud.
• Familiarity with common enterprise applications ANSYS, Siemens, MSC, etc.
• Experience with other cloud platform including AWS, Azure or Google Compute Platform is a plus.
Direct Recruiter Contact: Erin Smith – Erin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: HPC Program Manager
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000VIJ