SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Specialist II - 60020281 in Charleston County, South Carolina
Are you an experienced professional looking for new opportunities to further your career? The South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy is seeking a hardworking and *dependable candidate just like you to apply! This position will offer great benefits with the state, including 15 days of annual and sick leave per year or more depending on applicable state service.*
Responsibilities of the Administrative Specialist II:
Under general supervision provides executive and administrative support to the Regional Program Director and Regional office of Continuum of Care in support of the Wraparound care management model. Adheres to all agency Security, Privacy and HIPAA policies. The job duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Processes contracts, office bills and requisitions according to established COC policies.
- Manages electronic health records (EHR) data entries and maintains office filling system for youth records.
- Maintain personnel information for the region. Will monitor the overall maintenance for the vehicles. Also monitor and process vehicle logs. Performs routine office duties as requested by RPD. Oversees the ordering of supplies for region and outpost offices.
- Coordinate and maintain the phone, communication and mail systems.
- Will complete data entry for EHR, entering all information from a referral so that billing can occur. Will monitor the EHR system for incoming referrals. Will enter information regarding acceptance or decline of a referral within the Medicaid guidelines, noting that the date the FOC was signed with COC. If a referral does not meet eligibility, ESS will enter the information needed into Phoenix so that a new referral can be made on behalf of the consumer to receive services with another agency/provider.
- Perform routine administrative support activities for regional staff. Will provide phone coverage, mail support (postal and IMS), generate correspondence, faxing for the region, making copies and ensuring that all equipment are in good working condition.
- Establish a good professional working relationship with community based providers, in all of the Region counties, for the purpose of assisting wraparound staff with developing improved collaborative working relationships with these entities. Other job duties as assigned. Minimum and Additional Requirements
_Minimum Requirements: _ A high school diploma. Related clerical experience may be substituted for a high school diploma.
Additional Requirements: Requires strong word processing, spreadsheet, database and other computer application skills. Knowledge of the children’s services delivery system in South Carolina helpful. Strong oral and writing communication skills, including excellent grammar and an ability to collect, compile and assemble information in a clear, concise manner. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with public and private representatives at all levels. May be required to report to work during emergency situations. Must have a valid driver's license. Certification of a negative TB test is required prior to employment. * __Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application will be required to bring a copy of college transcript to the interview. A copy of the transcript may also be uploaded as an attachment to the application, if required by the hiring department or if desired by the applicant. Please note that some areas of the Department may require an __official, certified copy of the transcript__* prior to hiring or within a specific timeframe required by that area, after hiring. Failure to produce an official, certified transcript may result in not being hired or termination. __
*Upon hiring, candidate must submit official college transcript or diploma for degree(s) obtained. *
Preferred Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and one year of responsible clerical and administrative experience; or an associate degree in secretarial science or other related field with two years of responsible clerical and administrative experience.
The Department of Children's Advocacy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $22,625.00 - $41,866.00 Annually
Location: Charleston County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 110269
Closing: 3/9/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Please apply online.
Class Code: AA50
Position Number: 60020281
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 3
Hiring Range - Min.: $22,625.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $32,245.00
Opening Date: 02/22/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina