Kelly Services Maintenance Worker in Bethune, South Carolina
Kelly Services is now seeking to hire an experienced Maintenance Technician with electrician experience to work at a plant in Bethune, SC! This position is temp-perm, 630p-630a, but the work days will rotate… 2 days on, 2 days off, starting at $19-$20 per hour and increasing after being hired on.
Purpose of the job / Position description
Supports manufacturing by conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
Use proper protective equipment as needed and directed, follow all safety rules and regulations and actively work to improve safety.
Maintain quality and focus on continuous quality improvement.
Communicate regularly with the supervisor regarding any unusual conditions or inability to meet safety, quality, or production needs.
Must know ISO procedures relating to job and follow said procedures.
Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
Makes all needed repairs to building structure, doors, pumps, motors, compressors, tanks, lines, lighting, floors, machinery, sump pumps, ditch and all miscellaneous or needed machinery.
Assists Plant Supervision / Management with all needed machinery modifications and machinery changes or minor repairs.
Keeps tools, ladders and all shop equipment stored properly. Maintains shop area in orderly manner at all times. Cleans up tools and other miscellaneous items upon completion of repair work.
Emergency Work: Must be willing and able to respond to call-backs to the mill at any time, i.e. weekends, nights, holidays. Must live close enough to plant to answer emergency calls within a reasonably short time.
Perform soldering, brazing, of arc and mig welding, acetylene cutting and plasma cutting, basic equipment rebuilds, basic carpentry, precision measuring, basic piping, equipment moves, and rigging.
Understand the repair and operation of lift trucks and other mobile equipment.
Plan, layout and perform basic mechanical operations in maintaining and repairing the facilities and equipment.
Perform all aspects, machining, equipment alignment, major job installations, hydraulic and pneumatic trouble shooting.
Perform, understand and recommend preventative and predictive maintenance.
Read and understand blueprints and schematics.
Consistently troubleshoot equipment failures and can identify the root cause of the failure.
Understand and perform maintenance and project work on all plant facilities and equipment.
Supports and participates in A Plus activities.
Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
(minimum level of knowledge and skills to fulfill one’s responsibilities)
Work experience needed- 5 – 7 years of experience as a maintenance technician, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
High School Diploma/GED, 2 year technical or associates degree preferred
Primary competencies (mapped to job role) • Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and statistical skills.
• Experience in a team-based environment.
• High level of initiative and independence in managing responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to use both English and Metric rule.
• Demonstrated trouble shooting / problem solving skills
Additional competencies/ Other requirements • Excellent professional, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work off shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
• The employee possesses the ability to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle controls, and talk and hear.
• The employee possesses the ability to walk and stand for an 8-12 hour shift, on a variety of hard and or elevated sufaces.
• The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop, and lift items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds on a repetitive basis.
• The employee must have the ability to work in a manufacturing production setting, with exposure to working near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee possesses the ability to reach above head and shoulders
• The employee possesses the ability to work on elevated surfaces, in confined spaces and in areas that are not climate controlled.
• The employee may be exposed to hot temperatures emanating from machines
• The employee may be exposed to loud machine noise; hearing protection is required in certain areas.
• The employee may be exposed to harsh chemicals in certain areas.
• The employee must be able to qualify for the use of a full face respirator.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.